Application Design II / Task 4 - Final Application and E-Portfolio
22/04/2026 - 27/7/2026 (Week 1 - Week 14)
Chang Wing / 0367807
Application Design II / Bachelors of Design (Honours) in Creative Media / Taylor's University
Task 4 - Final Application and E-Portfolio
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Save Jobposts to History
PRESENTATION VIDEO
REFLECTION
Reflection
As I progressed to finish up all the core features of the app, I encountered more challenges, especially when connecting the UI design with the backend logic. Some interactions that seemed simple when designing in Figma became more complicated when implementing them in FlutterFlow, as I needed to consider database structure, data flow, conditional logic, and the limitations of the platform. There were also times where I had to adjust my original UI design to fit the backend logic.
Throughout the development process, I learned that building an application is not only about creating a visually appealing UI, but also about understanding how every interaction works behind the scenes. I became more familiar with debugging, testing different approaches, and solving problems when certain features did not work as expected. This process also helped me understand the importance of designing with technical feasibility in mind from the beginning.
Looking back, I feel that the biggest lesson I learned was not just how to use FlutterFlow, but also how important it is to align UX decisions with backend logic and technical limitations. As a UI/UX designer, I learned that a good design should not only focus on how the interface looks, but also consider how users interact with the system and how the data moves behind. By understanding both sides, I wish I will be able to create UIs that are not only visually engaging, but also realistic and functional to implement.








Comments
Post a Comment